Rocky Mountain continues to push the limits of mountain bike technology with the release of info about their 2017 Element.
Interested in a Rocky Mountain bike from Neff Cycle Service? Contact us to discuss your new bike or schedule a test ride!
Intended Use: XC
Front Travel: 120mm
Rear Travel: 100mm
Wheel Size: 29”
This is the result of over two decades at the front of the pack. The new Element features more efficient suspension performance, refined marathon geometry, Ride-9™ adjustability, and room for two bottles inside the front triangle. The smallest details were examined in search of point-n-shoot rigidity and unrivalled speed.
- Full Smoothwall™ carbon frame weighs 2250g (size Medium, including shock and hardware. Two-tone paint on T.O. frame adds 30g)
- Ride-9™ adjustability chip moved into the link, saving weight and bulk
- All sizes fit two water bottles inside the front triangle
- Future-proofed to run Di2, Fox Live, and a dropper post concurrently
- Frame available with special edition Team Only paint job
- Cartridge bearing pivots with simplified hardware
- Single-sided chainstay pivots for a narrower rear triangle—eliminates heel rub, even with Boost spacing
- Fits standard, widely available 6.5x1.5 shocks
- 2x compatible
- Clearance for 29x2.35 tires
- Full-length internal shift, dropper post, and lockout routing, plus internal brake routing in the front triangle
- Oversized headtube and downtube ports for ease of cable routing
- New derailleur hanger design reduces hardware complexity
- Lightweight bolt-on axle saves 35g compared to a traditional Boost axle
- PressFit BB92 bottom bracket, ZS44 | ZS56 headset
- Post-mount 160mm rear brake
- Max 1x chainring size is 38t with SRAM, 36t with Race Face
- Max 2x chainring size is a full size 28t/40t
- Sizing: S/M/L/XL/XXL
More info on the new Element on Rocky Mountains website.